by Steffen Messerschmidt, ND.
To Mr. Byron Kaye – The Medical Observer
Following up on our short phone conversation last week, and realising that you actually only asked whether I saw a GP in relation to a hand complaint and not the reasons as to why I did not need to see one, I would like to clarify a few things:
1. I have an extensive medical background. I originally trained in Conventional Medicine specialising in Holistic Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic problems & Rehabilitation. After that I studied Natural Medicine at the German Paracelsus College for Natural Medicine and became a Naturopathic Physician.
I also studied Nutrition and Orthomolecular Medicine under Prof. Dr. Bram van Dam at the SPT-Education – Education Institute for Sport, Physiotherapy and Training Science, AEP Academy Spain and the University of Lisbon, and obtained a Degree in Nutrition and Orthomolecular Medicine. For a period of 5 years I have also studied, worked and assisted Prof. Dr. Bram van Dam in the field of PNI (Psychoneuroimmunology) and Epigenetics.
My medical and scientific knowledge, and the knowledge of my own body, allowed me to deal with my condition. I was clearly able to determine whether or not I needed to seek the help and support of a GP or any other health practitioner. I strongly felt I have the ability to diagnose and treat myself.
2. Just in case you are not familiar with the Science of PNI I have added a definition:
‘Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) is the study of the interaction between psychological processes and the nervous and immune systems of the human body. PNI takes an interdisciplinary approach, incorporating psychology, neuroscience, immunology, physiology, pharmacology, molecular biology, psychiatry, behavioural medicine, infectious diseases, endocrinology, and rheumatology.
The main interests of PNI are the interactions between the nervous and immune systems and the relationships between mental processes and health. PNI studies, among other things, the physiological functioning of the neuroimmune system in health and disease; disorders of the neuroimmune system (autoimmune diseases, hypersensitivities, immune deficiency) and the physical, chemical and physiological characteristics of the components of the neuroimmune system in vitro, in situ, and in vivo.’
3. At one of the workshops, Serge recommended that I see another medical practitioner for support. I assured him that it wasn’t needed and that I would be able to deal with the condition myself.
4. I met Serge Benhayon a few years ago and I began to discuss with him my own medical background and the work that I was doing at the time. I soon discovered in Serge a level of integrity and love for humanity that I had never seen before. In terms of what he was saying, it became clear that Serge basically “walks the talk”, which I had never seen even when I was lecturing internationally together with Professors, Doctors and other health care professionals. Other professionals and “experts” would talk about healthy lifestyle in the congress and then privately eat the things they told their students not to eat. They would go out and party, smoke and drink, or have unhealthy relationships, abuse their status as lecturers, and so on.
5. For a long time I was the only one out of many of my colleagues who did not drink alcohol, did not eat or drink unhealthy food, who exercised regularly and had a healthy sleeping rhythm. However, Serge represented a level of integrity and self love that went much deeper.
6. Most importantly, what Serge presented and lived was the missing link for me as conventional medicine, natural medicine, psychology, nutrition, Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) and even the science of Epigenetics did not cover all of the problems I would see in clinic on a daily base. What Serge presented made sense to me, even with my academic background. Notably, it was not the stuff of the ‘Spiritual New Age’ nor was he “off with the fairies”.
7. As I shared with you during our brief conversation, my meeting with Serge Benhayon that started my clearing was as two friends and fellow practitioners coming together, sharing our experiences and observing what therapies do on a physical, emotional and energetic level.
8. You mentioned C3 deficiency on the phone, but all the tests I ran would have not come back clear if anything like a C3 deficiency would have been the cause. If those theories you presented were accurate then my body markers would have shown elevated levels of liver enzymes and other inflammatory and immune responses. Also being a physically fit man, C1q or C3 esterase deficiency do not apply: consider that I have no lifelong history of allergies, infections etc. If presented, C3 is depressed; IgE/white cell count/inflammatory markers of ESR and C-reactive protein (CRP) along with platelet counts are typically up.
At no stage did I have any swelling in my airways.
9. The fact that I was also not exposed to any toxins, and only the areas affected on my hands where I held the tools I was working with at the time, clearly indicated to me that there was nothing physically wrong with me and my body was only clearing the energy of the modalities and remedies I had been working with. As you can see in the presentation this clearing went on for a period of 3 months until my hands returned back to normal.
10. All my knowledge and experience of both conventional and natural medicine could not explain scientifically why I was clearing in this way. The only explanation was energetic. The great thing about all of this was that the study with Serge and Universal Medicine gave me the possibility to feel on a deeper level what actually was going on in my body.
11. Upon realising that my practice of certain modalities and remedies had harmed my body, I was not about to continue to practise with those tools and so-called remedies on anyone else if there was the slightest chance that they could harm or bury issues in my patients. I made the responsible choice to discard and burn all the items related with those therapies.
12. After discarding this I am still practising and the main things that changed is that I have a much higher vitality then I ever had and am able to apply a much deeper form of integrity and care on a daily base to my patients.
Overall I must say that clearly I am an awesome human being and an amazing practitioner as I was able to overcome those 4 diseases without any of the help you suggested – three of them being life threatening. 🙂
Obviously, I was only able to do that with my knowledge and understanding from modern, natural and esoteric medicine.
This clearly explains my position and I trust that you will report the facts with honesty and integrity.
Steffen Messerschmidt, ND
Total Health Natural Medicine Clinic
Ph / Fax 07 3345 1537